Author Topic: How to get Banned  (Read 4297 times)

The Admin

• Administrator
  • semper fi
How to get Banned
« on: June 22, 2013, 08:10:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dis-Like]0
  • We practice 1st Amendment here = FREE SPEECH
    but
    with limits !

personal opinion is ALWAYS permitted
    personal attacks are NOT

so far . . .
    just 2 bans
    #1 = lied about who he was / was banned. .he then made a new account with known ID =  now a member
    #2 = abusive and  foul language (not his opinion) = banned = these are ADMIN RULES / not just Dabbler !
     . . . #2 then went crying back to RB that he got banned for his 'opinion' . . . not so

this Forum is for the open exchange of ideas and or simply, to chat on VCSY, or in other sections, any (non-offensive) topic you want. Admin decides who or what is offensive. but you will find that my thoughts are main line.

waterfoundonmars

• Truth, Justice and the American way!
    Re: How to get Banned
    « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 12:01:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dis-Like]0
  • Dabbler, I was surprised when you banned me after one little post.  IMO, your style of site admin would seem less intolerant and more respectful of "free speech" if you would at least warn to someone before banning them so quickly.  Especially while the site is so new.

I totally get that this is your board and you can run it how you want, but it seems disingenuous for you to invite "bashers" here and then ban them at the drop of a hat over a vague interpretation of a single post they make.  I had no idea that you required people to use their RB aliases here, and I'm sure that is a rule you don't strictly enforce.  I used an alias that was well-known to others on RB, one that I had once used on RB, and I made no attempt to pretend to be someone else when I responded to rlhman's question.

Now I'm hesitant to post much of anything on this board, because it's not clear what might make you decide to ban someone without warning. :-\

dabbler3248

• Executive
    « Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 05:12:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dis-Like]0
  • Of all things, you should not take that personal. It specifically states that you should use your ragingbull username. I do that so everyone has a better understanding of who is who when we read posts.
    I thought that I handled it well because ANYONE that was as obvious about using a different username would also have been asked to switch to their current username. I see many of the familiar pro-VCSY usernames but very few of the anti-VCSY crowd's usernames. It's not like I banned you for even a day. That was not personal, it was about trying to keep order.

waterfoundonmars

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 05:23:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dis-Like]0
  • Sorry, I didn't read all the rules and didn't think I did anything wrong, so while it *was* my bad, I'm just saying that there are nicer ways of enforcing things, or "keeping order>".  Next time, if you don't like something someone does, why don't you just send them a message before assuming the worst about them?  I would have simply changed my alias if you had just asked me to.

dabbler3248

• Executive
    « Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 06:39:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dis-Like]0
  • Here's a copy of my post, it was fair. I told you that you can post as mirror but since waterfoundonmars is one of your current names that is fine.
    If you don't like it here you are welcome to leave.
    This is a Pro-VCSY website and since many Longs look at you as the enemy.

Re: todays hearing
    « Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 09:02:30 PM

mirror, I am not going to let you post on this message board as tuffyluvvy. I'll let you post here as mirror. Reregister as mirror if you want to post here.

waterfoundonmars

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 07:28:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dis-Like]0
  • I got banned from your site before I got the chance to read your post.  So I had no idea why and could login to see why.  You didn't send an email, either.  Pretty rude way to run things, imo.

The Admin

• Administrator
    • semper fi
    « Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 07:42:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dis-Like]0
  • you should have received an email detailing the reason for the ban\
    and ref: not reading the rules, while yes, this is all too typical in our fast digital society
    they were posted clearly - and often
    and yes - to my knowledge - most members have followed them
    and those that could not - sent private requests asking for a waiver
    and all were granted

in summary
    not saying we are perfect - but we are trying
    this is an unusual collection of members
    and we can not please all things to all people
    but we have received scores of complements
    even dozens of private emails - thanking us for the structure and etiquette
    so - pleasing 99% of members is ok with me
    (while still trying for 100%)

I will check the logs to conform an email was sent
    (might take a while to scour the files - as we do not ban often)

but - as you can see - you have been welcomed back under our guidelines
    I hope we continue to serve you and all members here

semper fi

-Admin